The fail-safe SIMATIC controllers are used to guarantee the functional safety of machines or plants. They satisfy maximum safety requirements and comp
The fail-safe SIMATIC controllers are used to guarantee the functional safety of machines or plants. They satisfy maximum safety requirements and comply with the relevant standards:
EN 954-1 up to Cat. 4, IEC 62061 up to SIL 3 and EN ISO 13849-1 up to PL e.
The simultaneous processing of the standard and the safety program means that only one CPU is required to handle both tasks.
Area of application
- Automobile industry
- General mechanical engineering
- Building of special machines
- Series mechanical engineering, OEM
- Plastics processing
- Packaging industry
- Food- and Beverageindustry
Reduction of stock-keeping by saving components
- One controller for standard and safety automation
– Coexistence of standard and safety programs on one controller possible
- One PROFIBUS or PROFINET transmitting medium for standard and safety communication to SIL 3/Category 4
– One distributed I/O configuration with standard and safety I/O modules
Fast system configuration and commissioning
- Better system integration
– Uniform engineering for standard and safety control component
– Use of existing PROFIBUS or PROFINET transmitting medium even for safety
– Simple expansion of existing PROFIBUS archtictures about PROFINET, p.ex. via IE/PB-Link
- The logic of the safety functions is software-based rather than hard-wired- More easily modified, expanded and documented
– Implementation of complex safety functions
- In contrast to the hardware solution, the software solution can be easily reproduced
- Approved, certified solutions can often be used as self-contained blocks
Better retent of plant availability
- Early fault detection thanks to better diagnostic functions
- Easy migration from PROFIBUS to PROFINET
Area of application
Because of their power and compactness, the safety SIMATIC S7-300F CPUs are ideal for meeting the demands of the mid to upper performance range. Both standard and safety-relevant tasks can be performed with only one CPU.
The SIMATIC S7-300F CPUs can be expanded centrally with the safety modules for the ET 200M I/O. Distributed expansion is possible using the safety ET 200S I/O modules, the ET 200M I/O modules, the ET 200pro (IP67) I/O modules or the safety digital block peripheral device ET 200eco (IP67).
Communication works depending on the CPU optional via MPI, PROFIBUS or PROFINET Interface.